R112 on 1871 Oil Creek & Allegheny River RR Co. Stock Certificate
The Oil Creek and Allegheny River Railway was a railroad in western Pennsylvania. Initially incorporated under a special act of Pennsylvania on 17 April 1861 as the Warren and Tidioute Railway, it changed its name first to the Warren and Franklin Railway on 31 March 1864, and finally to the Oil Creek and Allegheny River Railway on 26 February 1868, when it was consolidated with the Oil Creek Railroad, the Farmers Railroad, and the Oil City and Pithole Railroad. In 1869, John Pitcairn was appointed its General Manager. The company was sold at foreclosure on 29 December 1875, and was acquired 8 February 1876 by the Pittsburgh, Titusville and Buffalo Railway, which eventually became part of the Western New York and Pennsylvania Railway and the Pennsylvania Railroad.