Thomas Wiard built the first Wiard Plow in East Avon in 1804, under the name of M & G Wiard. In 1871 C. W. Hough of Batavia, NY purchased Matthew Wiard’s interest in the company, hence becoming Wiard & Hough.
GC, check has folds, couple staple holes
July 3, 1876
cross cut cancel, endorsed on back by A. G. Peck