RS290p-RS294p J. Ellwood Lee Co. Set MNH Centerline Blocks
The firm of J. Elwood Lee Company was founded in 1883 in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, specializing in surgical supplies. Products included Lee's Court Plaster, Lee's Mustard Plaster, Mack's Kidney Plaster and Lee's Surgical Dressings. They advertised as “largest manufacturers in the world of absorbent cotton, gauze, dressings and medicinal plasters”, and as “The Home of Asepsis”.
(Holcombe, Henry w., weekly Philatelic Gossip, 63: 426-428, December l, 1956)