This bond was printed by Rawdon, Wright, Hatch & Edson, Cincinnati and the central vignette includes the train engine Bellville. The Columbus & Lake Erie Rail Road Co. was organized in 1845 and reached Newark in 1852. In 1853, the railroad’s name was changed to the Sandusky, Mansfield and Newark Rail Road and the route was subsequently purchased by the B&O Railroad in 1869. While this is, in fact, a bond, Ohio collectors have traditionally included it with other notes and scrip. The $50 bond is the only denomination listed in the Wolka reference, and it was assigned a rarity rating of R-5, indicating 11 to 25 known. Very Fine with interest paid rubber-stamped notation along with handwritten notations on the face. A great piece of history.