1871 Cincinnati, Lafayette & Chicago Railroad Bond, RN-W2 (Copy)

$30.00

Intricately engraved antique bond certificate from the Cincinnati and Springfield Railway Company (Ohio). RN-W2, two RN-P5 on back, horizontal format, 1st mortgage (fronts appear identical, but differences are known on backs), bearer coupon, 7%, 30-yr, 1871, due 1901, by Major & Knapp Engraving Manufacturing & Lithographic Co. Measures approximately 18 1/4″ (w) by 12″ (h).


The Cincinnati and Springfield Railway Company (Ohio) was incorporated September 9, 1870, and its road completed January 1, 1872, between Cincinnati and Dayton. Anticipating its completion, the line was leased by the Cleveland Columbus Cincinnati and Indianapolis Railway Company January 24, 1871, lease effective January 1, 1872, running nine hundred and ninety-nine years. This lease conveyed to the Cleveland Columbus Cincinnati and Indianapolis Railway Company, the line between Cincinnati and Dayton, including the lease to the Cincinnati and Springfield Railway Company of the use of part of the Baltimore and Ohio South Western Railroad Company’s track between Cincinnati and Ludlow Grove, Ohio, under contract dated May 6, 1871. In Jan. 1913, this company was merged in and became a part of The Cleveland Cincinnati Chicago and St Louis Railway Company by conveyances pursuant to the statutes of Ohio.

Additional information

Catalog Number

RN-W2, RN-P5 (2)

Condition

VF, vertical folds, several small splits at edges along folds, no coupons

printer

Major & Knapp

Location

Ohio

Issue Date

1871

Signed

RM Shoemaker, President

Cancel

circular punch

Coxrail #

CIN-836-B-45

SKU: CincinnatiSpringfield-01 Categories: , Tags: ,