RS96P3 Hall & Ruckel Medicine Stamp Plate Proof Block of 10
William Henry Hall and John H. Ruckel were friends with shops on Greenwich Street in New York. In the early 1850’s they went into business together, and by 1863 they were manufacturing a dentifrice called Sozodont. In 1869 Hall and Leonard W. Warner acquired the business of L.R. Herrick (Herrick’s Family Medicines), and other preparations like Dr. J.R. Stafford’s Iron & Sulphur Powders and Stafford’s Olive Tar. Later they developed or bought Lubin’s Violette Tooth-Powder, Hall & Ruckel’s Improved Seidlitz Powders and Walnut Leaf Hair Restorer.