Western Bank Note Company 1908 Ad Card “Republican National Convention”. Chicago, Illinois. 5.5 by 2.5 inches, intaglio printed on thin white card, About uncirculated condition, portrait of Columbia, reverse depicts WBNCo building, rare WBNC ad card
Western Bank Note Company was organized as the Western Engraving Company in 1864. The name was changed to Western Bank Note and Engraving Company on 23 Feb. 1867. A separate division functioned as Western Bank Note Company. It was bought by American Bank Note Company in 1901 and operated as a subsidiary until 1911. After 1911, it operated as the Western Division of American Bank Note Company.